by Paula Rosa
Every man definitely will feel less confident if their hair and shoulders are full of countless snowflake-like dirt. Dandruff leaves a terrible impression that these gentlemen lack the necessary skills of body care, which renders them unattractive to their partners. Careless grooming and poor hygiene are the main culprits behind dandruff. Therefore, men also need to take some time to figure out the best solutions for dandruff.
What is dandruff?
Dandruff is not only a big concern for sisters but is also troublesome for men. First of all, you need to understand correctly about dandruff and why it happens.
The scalp, as well as other skin cells, is always in a cycle of regeneration and degrading. The dead cells of the skin tissue flake out every day. Dandruff consists of many patches of dead cells accumulated into denser mass because of the overproduction of sebaceous glands.
Some people are just unlucky to get dandruff more often. Scientists explain that the overgrowth of malassezia, a type of fungi, in the scalp is responsible for dandruff. Long-term stress, not choosing the appropriate shampoo for your hair, and the imbalance of nutrition in the body contributes to the development of these fungi.
How to take care of dandruff hair
It is always better to prevent bad things before they happen. Proper care of your hair will not only improve your dandruff condition but also keep it gone for good.
1) Use the right anti-dandruff shampoo
You should know that home remedies can be extremely effective when used in conjunction with suitable anti-dandruff products for men.
The hair of the male is typically 50% more oily than that of the female. That may be the reason why men tend to get dandruff easier than their counterpart. In this case, conventional shampoos do not work out for dandruff hair. Therefore, knowing what suits your demand is very important.
- You absolutely should choose products with the “oil-free” in the label because shampoos containing oil will only exacerbate your dandruff condition.
- Pick the shampoo that has the active ingredient of Zinc Pyrithione, Ketoconazole or Selenium Sulfide because they are the best anti-fungal substances. Also, Zinc Pyrithione has an effect of removing the fragments of dead cells in your hair.
- Choose a product with the natural extract from Chumket beans or coconut oil. They are natural combatant against dandruff.
- Use a hair conditioner if you wash your hair more often. The surfactant in shampoo may act as a detergent and dry your hair. Nowadays, the best anti-dandruff shampoos for men are always going along with a suitable hair conditioner.
2) Wash your hair the right way
After finding the best anti-dandruff shampoo for yourself, the next step is to make sure you know how to use the shampoo properly.
- Always wash your hair with cold or lukewarm water at least. Heat can dry the scalp and make the hair prone to breakage, which causes more dandruff scabs.
- You may consider washing your hair twice during showers. Each time, spend a few minutes soaking your hair with the shampoo before rubbing to achieve optimum effect. For the first time, gently massage the shampoo into the scalp and hold it for 5-10 minutes then rinse it with water. At the second time, the shampoo process is similar, but you let the shampoo stay a bit longer on the scalp. This shampoo will help to leave some anti-dandruff ingredients on the scalp.
- When shampooing, you should thoroughly scrub the scalp with your fingers, not the nails. That is the way to gently massage the shampoo on the scalp and hair roots, which benefits your hair the most. Keeping your nails trimmed is also important
- Shampoos usually make your hair brittle. To reduce the drying effect, moisturize your hair with a considerable amount hair conditioner right after washing. Apply the conditioning to the tip of your hair only.
3) Restriction of styling products
Hair gels and fragrant waxes are necessary to shape and style your hair, but you should not use them too frequently. Avoid alcohol-based styling gels, especially if you have dandruff, as they can dry the scalp and increase the appearance of dandruff scales. If you regularly style your hair, you should always clean your scalp and hair with a suitable anti-dandruff shampoo.
4) Use natural shampoo remedies to relieve the itchiness
A mistake that any man could make is scratching aggressively. I could imagine how annoying the itchiness in your scalp, but just scratching will not improve your dandruff condition. On the contrary, it might cause even more damage and make your scalp prone to bacterial and fungal infection.
Here are some simple natural remedies of the best anti-dandruff shampoos for men that will help you feel better with the itchiness:
- After your hair is washed clean, use a dry towel to mask the hair with heated beer for 15 minutes. Repeat this process in a two-day interval, and dandruff will disappear in a week.
- Wash your hair with apple cider vinegar
- Mask your hair with coconut oil for an hour before shampooing – the natural fungicides and vitamin E rich in coconut oil will cleanse your scalp.
5) Lifestyle change
- Arrange your work and daily schedules reasonably. It helps to avoid stress, and you may take your time in athletic sports and leisure activities that promote good health and wellbeing.
- You should wear a hat under scorching sunlight to prevent scalp irritation causing dandruff and not damage the hair.
- Also, pursue a diet rich in vitamin B and zinc to help your scalp tissues regenerate better, which ultimately prevents dandruff.
The final words
For every gentleman, keeping your scalp clean of dandruff scales is an important step to get a sense of confidence and coolness. The rule of thumb is that you must know how to take care of dandruff hair properly. In mild cases, you only need to wash your hair daily to gently cleanse the scalp with the best anti-dandruff shampoos for men.
However, if your hair is extremely itchy and it has full of flaking thick scales or become red, you should go to dermatology specialist for advice. It might be a symptom of more serious conditions such as dermatitis or psoriasis, which need special treatment shampoos and antibiotics.