Testosterone is not just a buzzword to describe machismo and alpha male characteristics. The hormone serves an essential function in enhancing the density and strength of your bones. It also increases libido and is responsible for sperm production.
If you have low levels of testosterone in your body, you might exhibit the following symptoms:
- Low or zero sex drive
- Weight gain
- Reduced body hair
- Hair loss
- Thinner bones
- Extreme mood swings
- Low self-esteem
Low T levels may require Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) from Leviathan Wellness.
As men age, the testosterone level naturally declines, with as much as a 50% reduction by the time they are eighty years old. However, several factors might cause your hormone levels to plunge. These include chemotherapy, hormonal changes, human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, diabetes, infection, and obesity.
Here are some common myths regarding TRT:
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy is rare – The procedure is not as unique as you think. The doctor may recommend TRT when the levels come to dangerous levels. According to this report, a quarter of the male population over thirty have low testosterone. Now, it does not mean that you are immediately a candidate for the procedure, but the number of reaches millions.
- The procedure is only for the rich – The TRT does entail some cost, but your insurance covers it. On average, you may spend from as low as 30USD a month to around 120USD. So, when you get a recommendation for the procedure, the doctor has good reasons to do so. Often, the situation comes to a point where the other alternatives are no longer suitable to treat your condition.
- Only older people undergo TRT – When you ask Leviathan Wellness, you will realize that a significant number of their patients are men who are at the peak of their age. Yes, you will see older people, but you will see more men who are below fifty or forty years old. You need to get blood tests to determine if you have low T levels. Again, you are not automatically a candidate for this type of therapy.
- TRT is illegal – This is another prevailing myth that unfortunately hounds the procedure. If you take TRT from a legitimate company, it is not illegal at all. The procedure will be under the strict supervision of medical personnel to make sure that the risks do not outweigh the benefits. However, there are unscrupulous people out there who sell hormones, which are being abused by bodybuilders and the like.
- The extra testosterone will make you violent – You may have heard about “roid rage,” which afflicts bodybuilders who abuse hormone intake. However, the TRT works to bring your level of testosterone back to normal levels. As a result, you will feel more energetic, get back your sex drive, and in some cases, treat erectile dysfunction.
In the same manner, you will not gain muscles or weight when you undergo TRT. Even bodybuilders need to go to the gym to get ripped. Your hormones will get back to normal levels with this therapy. At the recommendation of your doctor, you will taper off the dosage or be taken off the TRT completely once your situation normalizes.