by Adelaide Taylor
The Most Powerful Force that Can Promote Weight Loss
Weight loss is one of the crucial issues that people often have to contend with in this era of food mania. This is because there are countless mouth-watering foods around that it’s a Herculean task to ignore them.
If you’re having problems in controlling your diet and in reducing your weight, then you may want to continue reading to learn about the most powerful force that you can use against your weight problem.
What is the most powerful force that can promote weight loss?
This most powerful force is your mind and the way you think. Yes, it’s not rocket science, indeed. Nevertheless, charismatic and successful people believe in the power of the mind and of positive thinking.
This cliché came from Master Yoda of Star Wars: “Do, there is no try.” It’s the same as Napoleon’s Hill: “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe; it can achieve.” Lastly, Buddha declared this too: “The mind is everything. What you think you become.”
These statements denote that the body can achieve what the mind has set to do. And I can assure you that I have witnessed people do impossible things because they have first believed that they can.
Hence, the primary, significant step in weight loss is to believe you can do it. Without inculcating in your mind that you can lose weight, the body will always move hesitantly and without self-confidence. First, the mind must truly believe he can, before the body can react confidently.
Take note that the brain is the center of the Central Nervous System (CNS) and without it; the body cannot act or react. Have you noticed how you cannot feel anything when you’re unconscious? It’s because the brain fails to recognize the stimulus. For you to act on something, the brain first has to acknowledge the stimulus. That’s why it’s essential to have a positive frame of mind, and believe you can, so your mind would be able to act on your desire.
To summarize the sequence of events, here’s what will happen.
- Psyche yourself every day that you can lose weight. This thought will be incubated in your subconscious, gradually, until your way of thinking changes. You would be surprised at how optimism could lead you to positive things and to more successesin your endeavors.
- When your subconscious and conscious mind team up together, eventually after you have done step #1, they would motivate you to fulfill your goals.
- Your mind now will become conscious of the things you eat. Of course, you already know that excess carbohydrates and fats would lead to excess weight, so your brain/mind will warn you when you take these in excess.
- With the help of your positive way of thinking, you would be motivated to observe a healthy lifestyle, without anyone forcing you to do it. These are:
- Getting enough sleep, at least 8 hours a day.
- Hydrating yourself often, at least 8 glasses a day. Your body is composed of 60% to 70% of water. Also, your body cells won’t function properly when they’re not adequately hydrated.
- Avoiding illicit drugs, alcohol and nicotine. These are all harmful to your health.
- Eating a balanced diet. Eating more of fruits and vegetables than fats and dairy products.
- Exercising regularly, at least 1 hour daily, or 2 hours every other day. This will help you eliminate the fats stored in your adipose tissue and thus, allowing you to lose weight.
Make it a habit to psyche yourself positively. It has to be one of your daily activities, until the way you think has completely shifted to an optimistic point of view. If you continue to believe in yourself and in what you can do, you will surely succeed with your weight loss program. Furthermore, you will succeed in all of your future endeavors too.
Seemingly impossible things are achieved, simply because the person believed it could happen. Naturally, your belief should be coupled with action. When your faith in yourself is genuine, your body will be prompted to act accordingly. Thus, losing weight won’t be a problem to a confident and determined mind.
I personally invite you to try this method of using the power of your mind. You will soon discover and enjoy its numerous benefits, not only in your weight loss program, but also in various aspects of your life.
Adelaide is a medical technologist by profession. She’s most interested in techniques to stay fit, trim and healthy. She had injuries related to sports, which she was able to resolve eventually. So, she wants to help people overcome their health problems.